How to Setup Access database files *.mdb
Posted by Administrator on 24 December 2009 10:48 PM
1. Where do I upload my access database files (*.mdb) and how do I setup it up in Plesk?|
2. I uploaded my file into the /private directory but I keep getting a permissions error. How do I setup proper permissions for my access file?
For MS Access database files, it is advisable to upload it on the same level as httpdocs.
First, Create a directory called db or you can use the private directory.
For DSN connection setup:
1. Goto your Plesk control panel and select "ODBC Settings"
2. Click "Add New ODBC DSN"
3. From here select access database and give it a DSN name.
4. For path use "C:/Inetpub/vhosts/domainame.com/db/dbfilename.mdb"
- (replace domainname.com with your domain name and dbfilename.mdb with your actual file name)
- Also note some server paths may be different. Please contact our support for the actual path for your server.
5. Once done, please contact our support so that we may edit the permission for you. If you are on a VPS, you can simply Remote Desktop into your VPS and add the IUSR to permit the proper access to your file.
For direct file name connection simply skip the DSN step above.
If you still have problems connecting to your database file, please submit a ticket to our support center.