How do I configure Outlook (NOT Outlook Express)?
Posted by Administrator on 24 December 2009 10:48 PM
How do I configure Outlook (NOT Outlook Express)?|
Heres a general setup of Outlook.
1.With Outlook open, click on the Tools menu, and select Email Accounts.
2. Select Add a new email account and click Next.
3. Select the POP radio button. Click Next.
4. An Email Accounts dialog will appear. Enter the following information:
E-mail Address: Your preferred email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Incoming Mail server (POP) is: yourdomainname.com
Outgoing Mail server (SMTP) is: yourdomainname.com
User Name is: the login name listed in your control panel.
(e.g. main account login would be: loginname
additional emails would be yourname+yourdomainname.com)
5. Then, click the More Settings button.
6. In the Internet E-mail Settings dialog that appears, click the Outgoing Server tab.
7. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and then select the radio button for Use same settings as my incoming mail server
8. Click OK, then click Next, and then click Finish.
View the Tutorials at http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/flash/email-setup_tutorials.asp